Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index Boulder Dash Forum
The only Boulder Dash discussion board in English language!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G'day from Downunder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnomg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: G'day from Downunder Reply with quote

G'day All Very Happy

Recently I re-discovered Boulder Dash (after more years than I care to remember). It's brought back a lot of memories, frustration and sleepless nights (much to the wifes disgust).

I came across this Fan Site and thought I would introduce myself. Thanks to Arno for creating/maintaining it and the knowledgable members who have been posting here.

With hindsight, my one regret is that about 2 years ago I gave my C64 and Amiga 500 along with all the games to a friends children. Now that I know Emulators exist and games can be put on a modern computer I'm seriously thinking of asking for them back Wink

Anyway, I have finished all the caves in BD1 and BD2, don't even ask how long it took me Embarassed

Currently I'm working my way through BD3, hopefully I won't go completely bald before I'm done Sad

I have a few question already, some of them just general things about the game and some a bit more specific, I'll save them for another day and look forward to the responses/help I receive from other Fans of Boulder Dash.

Regards
John Very Happy
Sendy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I couldn't quite deduce from your post, if you're able to play BD in the here and now. There are plenty of options these days and there's never been a better time to be a BD fan Wink

Did you ever make caves with the construction kit? I wish I could find my old disks with all my old caves made in the 80's on it, I could do with a laugh. Razz
BadDog73

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome,

It's a small community of Boulderdash fans we have here, but we have the best of them... Laughing

-Ben
johnomg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'day Sendy and BadDog73, Thank You for the Welcome Very Happy

Sorry for the confusion Embarassed

Currently (in the here and now) I am playing the Original (?) 1980's Boulder Dash series from First Star. I have finished BD 1/2 and struggling through BD 3.

Reliving my youth you might say Wink

I see there are a wealth of Fan made BD Games, for now I would like to finish the Original series before I try them, however I did give "Arno Dash 01" a try last night and liked it.

I've never attempted to make my own Caves, not sure if I even had the Construction Kit back in the 1980's. For now I'm just enjoying playing BD as I did in the past.

My other passion back in the 1980's were the Text based Adventure Games, the ones where you had a Static Graphic at the top and typed instructions below like: "look up", "go north" and "get object". You had to use your imagination a lot but I like the puzzle aspect of them.

Regards
John Very Happy
Sendy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like puzzles, you'll like a lot of the fan-made boulderdash games.

I had no idea so many different puzzles were possible in BD until I started playing other people's games and making my own in 2004.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index -> Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: