Boulder Dash Rocks released for Nintendo DS

New game releases, new tools, website updates, ...

Moderator: Admin

CWS

Boulder Dash Rocks released for Nintendo DS

Post by CWS »

Boulder Dash Rocks has been released for the Nintendo DS.

It's a nice game but it's not really our good old Boulder Dash for the C64.

Have a look at:

http://www.boulder-dash-rocks.com/
CWS

Post by CWS »

A nice trailer could be found at:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftp-W5EzSpE

There are several other Boulder Dash Rocks videos on YouTube.
Arno
Site Admin

Post by Arno »

Thx for the links! :) To get an impression I'll add a few screenshots too:

CWS

Post by CWS »

I have bought the new Boulder Dash Rocks game from FSS for the Nintendo DS recently.

Frankly speaking it's not an improved (C64) Boulder Dash as some of us hoped for - it's simply like a new Boulder Dash clone.

Gameplay is not the same as on the good old C64. Physics are totally different or at least it does not behave as we hardcore fans expect to.

Enemies are half as fast as Rockford (not very demanding), earth pieces/walls are often hard to tell what is what and the modern Manga-like graphics are very distracting.

If there would be a level editor maybe it would be a game we can play for years but without it it's just a game for some hours and that's it.

Do not misunderstand me - it's a really nice game. Challenging caves and at least a little bit of Boulder Dash feeling. There are keys, bombs, gravity guns and some other neat (new) elements. There is a lot to explore.

But as expected - it's a typical FSS Boulder Dash product. It's called Boulder Dash but it is not Boulder Dash. The only Boulder Dash that is really Boulder Dash is from Peter Liepa.

All in all - if you would like to have a good clone: take Boulder Remake for the PC. It does not cost anything and you can make your own games. If you are a console player with a Nintendo DS or Sony PSP you can get it. It's a nice game for fun hours. Not more and not less.
RTADash

Post by RTADash »

I second what he said ^^ 8)
Boulders are round.
Fireflies are square.
I need to find
a'way out of here.