Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index Boulder Dash Forum
The only Boulder Dash discussion board in English language!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can anyone hex-edit a disk image?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sendy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Can anyone hex-edit a disk image? Reply with quote

Ok, I've compiled a version of SD1 I'm completely happy with, and I've just found a random amoeba in cave 7, which has caused me to scream at the top of my lungs, it wasn't there when I last tested that cave but probably the buggy PLCK put it in just before I saved. I double-checked everything twice!

I'm furious at the thought of having to go through the compilation process for like the 5th time...

I have the uncrunched version and would appreciate it if anyone would be able to just edit out this one damn square of amoeba Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Edit: Sorry, this is in the wrong forum as I was originally in my SD thread and was going to post it there.

Edit2: IT GETS WEIRDER!!!!!! There's also one square of random abmoeba in cave 11. Again eveything was doublechecked thoroughly so I have no idea what's up with this Sad
Sendy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this must be some kind of disk error, there's an amoeba in exacty the same place every 6 or so caves, even on caves where I wouldn't have been able to selecte amoeba, due to it being a slime cave.

Would this have anything to do with turning off true drive emulation in VICE?
cirix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sendy wrote:
Would this have anything to do with turning off true drive emulation in VICE?
Maybe... But that setting only affected quickloaders and other very tricky programs. I think the construction kit did not do things like that.

Send me the game, I think I can help.
Or I can "recreate" the .CAV and .INT files from the GDash data files if needed - the version you can see in yesterday's GDash release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Boulder Dash Forum Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: